Who we are:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a global eCommerce consultancy that brings strategic clarity, technical know-how and creative inspiration to help retailers and brands define and deliver winning commerce strategies. Wunderman Thompson Commerce brings together WPP’s leading commerce agencies, Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce & Marketplace Ignition under the Wunderman brand. We help retailers and brands succeed in the digital retail environment of today and we help them prepare for the retail world of tomorrow. We specialise in services on marketplaces (e.g., Amazon), retailer.com (e.g., Walmart, Home Depot) and in Direct-to-customer technology (both B2C and B2B).
Who we are looking for:
eCommerce is redefining the retail landscape for our clients, major national and global brands. Amazon and Tmall are at the leading edge of this change, but they are not alone. The changes are occurring rapidly but have far reaching consequences. Increasing, our clients are asking us to guide them through the changes that eCommerce and Amazon are causing.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is seeking an Associate Media Director, eCommerce to help serve our clients in our rapidly growing Commerce practice. In this role, you will be the trusted advisor to our clients, helping them set the path for success on Amazon, Walmart, and other eCommerce channels and lead teams to get them there. We are looking for someone with experience in eCommerce media but also someone who not only embraces change, but makes it happen.
As the Associate Media Director, eCommerce, you will have experience building a business and expanding client relationships in a consultative manner to build our business by helping our clients build theirs. To find success in this role, you will be a leader with a compelling mixture of capabilities that can solve problems, lead clients, but as well identify new opportunities and build teams.
What you’ll do:
- Provide senior client account ownership and strategic oversight in areas of eCommerce media (i.e., media opportunities on retailer sites and/or media driving to retailer channels or a brand’s own eCommerce site).
- Take an active, ongoing role in building and managing the growing eCommerce Media team.
- Plan, organise, and implement new process and methodologies on eCommerce media channels, especially Amazon Advertising (AMS, AAP, and AMG).
- Understand, manage, iterate, and implement process and method for use of 3rd party management and analytics tools.
- Manage and oversee all phases of client eCommerce media work. For paid search this includes account creation, bid strategy, publisher relationships, tool management, reporting, contract negotiations, etc. For performance display advertising, this includes media planning, buying, trafficking, publisher and network relationships, tool management, reporting, contract negotiations, etc.
- Define joint capabilities, processes and foster collaborate with inter-agency practice groups including optimisation, analytics, social, mobile, and UX teams.
- Support new business opportunities with a vision on selling eCommerce media capabilities, establish guidelines for scoping, pricing, and client negotiations, and participate in pitch/sales efforts.
- Develop organisational standards to include defining media capabilities and how work is delivered, building processes, and training teams.
- Work collaboratively across the Wunderman Thompson Commerce, POSSIBLE and WPP teams that support eCommerce.
- Help us hire well and build a great team above, under, and around you. Develop internal best practices and knowledge development. Train and mentor team members.
- Develop thought leadership in eCommerce, including writing pieces for external publishing and public speaking at industry events.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years experience in eCommerce media with distinctive experience in at least one of several areas:
- Amazon Advertising including AMS, AAP< and/or AMG (i.e., managing leading brands on Amazon or prior Amazon experience growing brands on the platform).
- Retailer eCommerce experience (i.e., experience leading eCommerce at a major retailer).
- Performance marketing on either brand or retailer (i.e., working in eCommerce, shopper marketing, or other roles specifically focused on eCommerce).
- Proven track records of delivering great media performance for clients.
- Proven client service skills and experience.
- Passion about eCommerce and the change it’s driving across retail for brands.
- Highly collaborative approach to working with teams including teams that involve working with large, global brands.
- Comfort working with creative, account, media, and analytics teams.