Who we are:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is the leading strategy consultancy focused on helping brands and retailers grow their business on Amazon and other online marketplaces.
Our clients win by leveraging the most critical methodology for this channel: Operational Marketing. The Operational Marketing practice maximises the opportunity of a platform like Amazon by leveraging proven e-commerce strategies, product data, customer insights and operational excellence.
We are relentlessly data-driven and use research and ongoing impact analysis to identify immediate and long-term strategic growth levers for clients. We’ve worked with more than 400 brands, representing more than 2 million SKUs and $2 billion in annual retail sales.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a Media Planner with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to join our team. You must be able to think strategically about your client's business, always thinking through how your decisions integrate with broader marketing strategy. You will integrate into an incredibly smart group of people, and will take an active part in building and innovating on our eCommerce media practice. Media planners are a critical frontline interface with our clients, and must be adept at translating your client's strategic media goals into actionable campaigns and media recommendations.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and present strategic media plans focused on ecommerce media platforms like Amazon or Walmart that meet client objectives
- Manage the day-to-day planning and implementation activities for an account or group of accounts
- Perform campaign analysis directly relevant to optimisation and/or planning and buying decisions
- Partner with creative teams to develop ongoing creative strategies and testing plans
- Actively engage with available tools to help guide decision making
- Contribute to campaign analytics and insights development
- Take ownership over spec sheets, IO process, and billing reconciliations with assigned client(s) while working in tandem with other departments
- Facilitate media finance tracking and reporting
- Remain well-informed of the overall media marketplace inclusive of new opportunities and best practices
- Aid in development and presentation of media POVs
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of media planning and buying. Digital experience required
- Understanding of performance marketing and a track record of delivering results
- Experience working with Amazon media is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - must have the ability to tell a story with data
- Ability to analyse data and market research
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable presenting and leading conversations with clients